Sinéad O'Connor




















Don't ask me why I drew Sinéad O'Connor, I have no idea! Inspiration just disappeared over the summer but it's been slowly returning and I just thought I'd draw something, anything, to get going again when I saw her face.

I did think about drawing on white paper again (I think I may have forgotten how!) but I just enjoy this brown paper (by Paperchase) so much and it's so quick to do portraits on it! I used all Derwents here except for Black and White in the Luminance range because of their coverage, and a Lyra Rembrandt Warm Slate Grey which is irreplaceable - I haven't seen another grey in quite that shade and it's perfect for skin. In the Derwents I used a lot of Light Rust for the foundation, and lots of Venetian Red, Golden Brown, Mahogany (gorgeous colour!) and Magenta. Actually there was a Polychromos Purple in there too but only a touch as it seems to go on quite heavy. Mineral Green (Derwent) was used for the background.

Comments

Robyn Sinclair said…
You've come back in spectacular style, Felicity. This is beautiful.
Wilfred said…
Nice to see you back, Felicity. And what a return it is! nicely done, however, I still can't get used to Sinéad O'Connor with hair.
Carolina said…
Good to see you back on painting! This portrait is great...

Best regards,
Carolina
Sue Clinker said…
Beautiful work. And thanks so much for sharing information about the pencils and colours you use in your portraits ... your work is so inspiring
Anonymous said…
oh wow! her skin texture is so realistic. I really MUST get some of this paper; although, I doubt it really has anything to do with how beautiful your portraits come out. Love it! And the simple green square background. That's a brilliant idea.
Grahame Butler said…
Good to see you back Felicity, great piece of work as always.
Felicity Grace said…
Thanks all, I really appreciate it!

Popular Posts